Effective Date: July 2021
1. Data Collection
“Personal Information” means any unique information or set of information that could be used to identify or contact an individual, such as the individual’s name, title, mailing address, email address, phone number, employer/profession, login information, password, payment card information or other specific types of personal information.
Types of Information and Collection Methods
- Information Submitted by You
You may also submit technical information to MUNSHI such as designs, ideas or data, that you transmit to or post on any of our Website for purposes not limited to contest participation. Such submission is considered and treated by MUNSHI as nonconfidential and nonproprietary. By providing these submissions, you grant MUNSHI a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable right to disseminate, display, use, modify, copy, adapt, and translate the submission for any purpose whatsoever, whether commercial or noncommercial, throughout the world in any media. You also grant us the right to use the name you submit in connection with your submission, if we choose. You represent and warrant in making these submissions that you own or control all rights to these submissions, and that use of your submissions will not cause injury to any person or entity including MUNSHI. You will indemnify us for all claims resulting from your submissions.
If you choose to provide MUNSHI with a third party’s personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent and warrant that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals.
- Information Collected Through Third-Party Sources
We may also collect information about you through our trusted third-party sources to assist us in providing product and service offerings to you.
- Information Automatically Collected
Like many other websites, MUNSHI uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, web beacons, gifs and other similar technologies. These tools automatically collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our Website when you visit our Website or use our Services, such as your domain name, your browser type, operating system, web pages you view, links you click, your IP address, the length of time you visit our Website or use our Services, the referring URL or the webpage that led you to our Website. Please see the section “Cookies and Similar Technologies” below for more information.
We and the third parties we engaged to provide services on our behalf may combine the information we collect from you over time and across our Website with Personal Information that you actively submit, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
How We May Use Your Information
We may use your information for purposes of operating our business and other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you about our products or services, respond to your inquiries, fulfill and process your request for our products and services, including helping you to complete transactions, process payments, and other customer service purposes.
- To enable you to use certain features of our product and services
- To administer the careers portion of the Website and process your application.
- To better understand how visitors use our Website and products and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Website and products and services and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To send communications to you, either from MUNSHI directly or from our partners, including for marketing, newsletters, promotions, customer satisfaction surveys purposes and other communications related to our business, including information about our solutions we think may interest you. You can edit your communication preferences for receiving marketing emails as further explained below.
How We Share Your Information
We are not in the business of selling or sharing your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so. We may share and use your Personal Information as described below:
- With our affiliates and subsidiaries worldwide.
- With third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents as required to perform specific purposes on our behalf. Examples are not limited to delivering packages, processing credit card payments, checking for export compliance, and providing customer service. They have access to customer information to perform their jobs, but may not use it for other purposes.
- To geographically or sectorally relevant resellers and/or distributors, particularly if you or your company have purchased through a third party before. These companies and persons often provide service to MUNSHI’s customers. They have access to customer information to perform their jobs, which is not limited to marketing MUNSHI products, but may not use it for other purposes.
- To comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or a subpoena other legal processes, such as requests from public and governmental authorities or law enforcement, or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- In connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business.
If you do not wish us to share your information as described below, you may choose not to supply any Personal Information to us when entering information into your account profile on our Website or by not placing orders for our products and services.
We reserve the right to fully use and share information on an aggregated basis, which is not personally identifiable about the user, with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
3. Third-Party Analytics
4. How You Can Access and Modify Your Personal Information
Where permitted by law, MUNSHI will take reasonable steps to permit you to access and modify Personal Information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile but we reserve the right to use Personal Information obtained or provided previously to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate. You can also exercise your rights of access and request corrections, suppression or deactivation of your Personal Information under applicable data protection laws by contacting us directly at the email address provided below. We make good faith efforts to honor reasonable requests to access, delete, update, suppress, or correct your data. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we are unable to honor your request, we will provide you with an explanation. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Website for a period of time.
5. How You Can Manage Your Communications Preferences
6. How We Secure Your Information
We intend to protect the personal information entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We implement physical, administrative and technical safeguards to protect your Personal Information from misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, please be aware that despite our efforts, the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure or error-free and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide to us. It is your responsibility to protect against unauthorized access to your user ID, password, phone number, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your user ID and password private. You must notify MUNSHI immediately at if you suspect that your password or user ID has been compromised. You are solely responsible for any unauthorized use of the Website conducted via your password and user ID. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
7. Your Consent to Transfer and Storing of Data
We keep data in California and also have servers, employees, and contractors around the United States of America and around the world in various locations. As MUNSHI is a global organization, we may transfer your Personal Information to MUNSHI in the United States or to any MUNSHI subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide or to third parties and business partners that located in various countries around the world. By using our Website or providing any Personal Information to us, you fully understand and consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different. We will retain and use your Personal Information as needed to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. We will retain and use Personal Information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. Subject to any applicable business, legal, or regulatory requirements, we delete or erase Personal Information when it is no longer required to enforce our rights or meet our obligations.
8. Children’s Privacy
Our Website and Services are intended for adults. We do not intentionally or knowingly accept, collect, use or disclose personal information from anyone under the age of 13 and we request that individuals under the age of 13 not submit any personal information on the Website.
9. Link to Third-Party Sites
Our Website and Services may contain links to third party websites or automatically produce search results that refer or link to other party websites. MUNSHI is providing these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any of these links does not constitute any endorsement by MUNSHI. Links to other websites are not under the control of MUNSHI and MUNSHI is not responsible for the content or the accuracy or reliability of any such contents and materials made on any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. Any access to and use of such linked sites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information and privacy practices of such third party websites. Third parties may independently collect information about their website visitors. We cannot control the collection of this information. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk. If you do not want those companies to collect information about you, you should contact those companies directly.
10. Effective Date, Policy Change
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time and in our sole discretion. If we decide to change our Policy, we will post those changes on this page. When you visit the Website, you are accepting the current version of this Policy as posted on the Website at that time. We recommend that users revisit this Policy on occasion to learn of any changes.
11. How You Can Contact Us
Please feel free to contact us with any comments or questions you might have regarding the information practices described in this Policy. You may write to us at MUNSHI – [email protected]
11. Communicating With You
By using our Website and products and services or otherwise providing Personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, if we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Website, by sending an email, or otherwise contacting you.
11. Law and Jurisdiction